Saturday, October 18, 2014

Debian Wheezy a good cd ripper(but not with default installation): setup asunder

Hi all,

I need to rip some old cds.
But I don't like the default installed sound-juicer.
It cannot give me(easly) the way to set the bitrate.

So I remove it and I try another: asunder
Very very simply and good!!!
apt-get remove sound-juicer
apt-get install asunder
dmesg | grep CD
give me this output
[    2.229627] scsi 1:0:0:0: CD-ROM            HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUA0N     AL00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
[    2.252941] cdrom: Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
[    2.253162] sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
You see the last word..? Is sr0.
It's indicate where asunder have to read the cd
So after the installation launch asunder, go under Preferences
General tab, and insert /dev/sr0 (or what is for you) in the CD-ROM device text field.

All is done.

Bye....

No comments:

Post a Comment