Saturday, October 18, 2014

Debian Wheezy and Lenovo G50: setup sound card

One of the problem I have after debian installation is that it seems controller and sound card seems to be recognize.
Giving the commands:

lspci | grep audio
lsmod | grep snd
speaker-test  
 
may help you to see what has been recognized.
In my case all seems to be recognized, but I hear no sounds.

From gdm right-clicking up on the right, on the volume control and choosing sound preferences I see only this voice:
Built-in Audio Digital Stereo(HDMI)
and above in the combo menu list I see only
HDMI / Display port

This not give me assurances.
So after some try I install some other modules:

apt-get install firmware-linux-nonfree
dpkg-reconfigure alsa-base
aslactl init
alsamixer

Into alsamixer giving F6 key I see that there were 2 sound card.
Now I see that I have two sounds card(exactly the same I see with the other commands by sheel).

Now clicking on the volume icon(sound preferences) I see also here(and I select it(under Output and Hardware tabs)) the view on the correct sound card(in my case Built-in Analog Stereo, and under connector the possibility to choose among Headphones or Speakers).

Now all seems solved....

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment