Monday, March 26, 2012

Freepopsd under Debian

Freepops is a free tool that can help you for differently things....
One of the most important is to configure your external web mail(of several providers) to your Mail Client(outlook, thunderbird, ecc.)
In debian you can found it into the repository.....
So let's go to install it.....
apt-get install freepops
Now a quick way to start to use it.....

Remember to download the last versions of the plugins you use....
In my case I need to set-up only a ymail.com account
so I download(from http://www.freepops.org/en/) only the last version
of my yahoo.lua and put it into /usr/share/freepops/lua/ directory

Now I create under /sbin those two files.......
The file  start_freepopsd.sh contains:
#!/bin/bash
freepopsd &



The file  stop_freepopsd.sh contains:
#!/bin/bash
freepopsd -k &


And now link the freepopsd start and stop commands and rc.directories....
I choose rc5 for start.....
ln -s /sbin/start_freepopsd.sh S23_freepopsd_start
and rc6 for stopping....
ln -s /sbin/stop_freepopsd.sh K23_freepopsd_stop

Let's done....

Bye....

No comments:

Post a Comment